Re: flash, shockwave, and quicktime; and web browser incompatibilities

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 adavis@saipan.com wrote:

> As a science teacher, I built a four machine GNU/Linux network.  The
> biggest headache from the getgo (through all years, in fact of using
> GNU/Linux exclusively) has been incompatibilities with web sites.

Have you checked out Plugger?

 http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger.html

My only complaint is that the linux versions of those "plugins" lag behind
Windows and Mac.  But look at logs for any busy web site and you can see
what a small share of requests are seemingly from Linux machines.

Maybe Linux distributions should include a cron entry that generates
"personalized" letters to Apple and Macromedia every week or so...

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org