Re: Certification

On Friday 14 February 2003 13:31, deFreese, Barry wrote:
> [...]

Heh-heh. Glad to hear it.

> However, getting certified is never
> necessarily a bad thing.  It can be a way to keep up with technology and it
> also shows employers that you are willing to continue learning/growing.
>
> Just my worthless $.02
>
> BTW, is there a Debian certification?? ;-) Just kidding.

I would be more inclined toward certification it were not such a pure profit
opportunity for the administrator; US$750 for a RHCE; 4 digit numbers for
MS/Oracle/Cisco/Krispy Kreme certs.

To my way of thinking being certified is like being "award winning".  The
award winning entity never mentions what award it is that they won and where
and when they got it and why.  Or how much they paid for it.

I saw a post on the French debian user list where someone suggested using the
number of your Debian user list posts as your certification rating.  Clever.
(Google's translate function is way cool. )
--
Mike M.