Re: Newbie Installation Problems

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 09:40, Rowland Fellows wrote:
> I am able to install 3.0 successfully from the disk images I've
> downloaded from Oregon State.  However, once installed, the system goes
> directly into a login screen from which I cannot login into root.  How
> to I get the system to boot in such a way that I can log in as root?
>
> Rowland Fellows
> 112 Feather Falls Circle
> Folsom, CA 95630
> (916) 987-1670
> (916) 768-9394 cell
> (707) 276-0849 fax
> rowland@coyote-development.com

Log in as a regular user and su. If you didn't create a regular user
 during the install, it would be easy to ssh from another computer
as root. Failing that, start Linux in single user mode by typing single after
 linux when lilo first starts.

--
Craig Jackson <craig.jackson@wild.net>
Wildnet Group L.L.C