Re: Problems with Quake]I[ Arena

* dbalder@pacbrands.com.au <dbalder@pacbrands.com.au> [2003-02-14 12:24]:
> * dbalder@pacbrands.com.au <dbalder@pacbrands.com.au> [2003-02-14 03:02]:
>
> >oooh i810. what sound card are you using? sis chipset onboard-sound?
> >if yes, then i had the same problem.. and, as sorry as i am, the
> >only way i got sound in q3a was buying a soundcard.
>
> Yes!!! It is SiS onboard-sound with CMI9738 chip.
> I hope you new soundcard wasn't too expensive... You can always use it in that next computer without on-board sound :-)

bought it quite cheap from a friend of mine - so no need to worry i
spent too much money - and btw: i would have for q3 :)

> This website http://www.exocore.com/technologies/linux/i810/i810-6.php3#ss6.1 gives some info on how to do it.
> I am however hoping for i810 to be in kernel_sources. I'm at work now so I can't check... From memory kernel 2.4 series has alsa too but I'm not sure
> now...

well not sure if you understood what i was trying to say (or if i
was capable to write what i meant due to my not that perfect english
knowledge) but i _did_ use the i810 drivers and i _did_ use alsa and
sound _did_ work. just didn't work in q3 :)
i am using the onboard sound now as second soundcard responsible for
my tv out - nothings more boring than to watch dvd on your tv while
the sound's coming out of computer boxes.

>  Davor

christian