RE: Problems with Quake]I[ Arena

* dbalder@pacbrands.com.au <dbalder@pacbrands.com.au> [2003-02-14 03:02]:

> Just a quick update on my efforts to solve this sound problem with Q3A.
>
>oooh i810. what sound card are you using? sis chipset onboard-sound?
>if yes, then i had the same problem.. and, as sorry as i am, the
>only way i got sound in q3a was buying a soundcard.

Yes!!! It is SiS onboard-sound with CMI9738 chip.
I hope you new soundcard wasn't too expensive... You can always use it in that next computer without on-board sound :-)

>when i tried this half a year ago i didn't made it. so good look! -
>i hope it will work now - and please post your experiences - would
>be interesting.

This website http://www.exocore.com/technologies/linux/i810/i810-6.php3#ss6.1 gives some info on how to do it.
I am however hoping for i810 to be in kernel_sources. I'm at work now so I can't check... From memory kernel 2.4 series has alsa too but I'm not sure
now...

 Davor