Re: Iptables Help

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 03:38:39AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 11:34:39PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> > It would be very useful to have some script that would ask you what
> > services you intended to run, and generated scripts for iptables etc.
> > that ensured that only the minimum necessary services were available.
>
> Don't we have this kind of thing already? I know there are several
> firewall builder scripts in Debian.

Last time I looked ipmasq did a good job setting up a NAT + filter
proxy (and it works with iptables and ipchains).  However, I had to
ditch it about a year ago when I added a VPN interface for work (I
rolled my own script).

  Liberty may be endangered by the abuses of liberty as well as by
  the abuses of power.
          -- James Madison