Re: Help needed w/ PLIP connection

On February 12, 2003 03:12 pm, fbrian@nac.net wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I am having trouble debugging my plip connection.

I haven't set up plip for a couple years so my memory is a little
foggy.  I used the PLIP-HOWTO to set up the following scripts on
the machine cedar to connect it via plip to birch; maybe they'll
help.  I don't have the birch scripts handy, but they were similar.

Note:  I defined the IP addresses for birch and cedar in /etc/hosts

bash-2.05a$ more /usr/local/bin/plip-on.sh
#!/bin/sh
/sbin/rmmod lp
/bin/echo 7 > /proc/parport/0/irq
/sbin/insmod plip
/sbin/ifconfig lo netmask 255.255.255.255 up
/sbin/ifconfig plip0 cedar pointopoint birch netmask
255.255.255.255 up

bash-2.05a$ more /usr/local/bin/plip-off.sh
#!/bin/sh
/sbin/rmmod plip
/sbin/insmod lp