Re: SoundChip Realtek ALC650 [Solved]

Thank you for this - it got me further than I had been before. But I still
have no sound.

When I used the modules.conf you suggested, I got "Intel ICH Audio Card
Not Found".  But if I switch to uncomment the snd-via82xx line, the
modules load perfectly, and I'm able to run the alsamixer correctly. But
if I enable all the items in the mixer and then try to run alsaplayer, no
audio comes out of the speakers. The player seems to "think" it's working,
but there's no sound.

mpg123 replies:
aperrin@joehill:/afs$ mpg123 -a /proc/asound/dev/pcmC0D0c ~/hcc.mp3
High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layer 1, 2 and 3.
Version 0.59r (1999/Jun/15). Written and copyrights by Michael Hipp.
Uses code from various people. See 'README' for more!
THIS SOFTWARE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Can't reset audio!
Can't reset audio!

Directory: /home/aperrin/
Playing MPEG stream from hcc.mp3 ...
MPEG 1.0 layer III, 128 kbit/s, 44100 Hz dual-channel
No supported rate found!

Any advice?  I'd rather not surrender and install another sound card.

Thanks.

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu