Re: killing a 'D' process

martin f krafft wrote:

> also sprach Nicos Gollan <gtdev@spearhead.de> [2003.02.13.1257 +0100]:
> > (For all those who don't know what /proc/kmem is: DON'T DO THIS!)
>
> For all those who'd have to do this on a regular basis: switch to
> a better OS.

Such as? This sort of unkillable process can exist on pretty much any
Unix-like kernel that I'm familiar with. Switching to *BSD won't help.
(Don't know about the HURD, but I don't consider that a reasonable
choice until there's both a solid, stable HURD and a Debian or
Debian-like distro for it, with a good selection of available packages.)

Craig