flex++ and C++ compliance

I'm trying to determine whether flex++ produces standards-compliant C++. It
seems that it very nearly does, except that /usr/include/FlexLexer.h refers
to std::istream and std::ostream without the std:: prefix. This is as of
2.5.4a-30 (current unstable), however; 2.5.4a-29 was still using
iostream.h. I downloaded 2.5.4a from ftp.gnu.org and its FlexLexer.h is
still using iostream.h.

Does this mean that only Debian's (unstable) version of flex++ is properly
C++ compliant (and still not quite)? Will the changes get back into the
primary branch?

My motivation here is to be able to document which version of flex++ some
software requires. Right now I can use any version, but I have my own
flex.skl and FlexLexer.h which are heavily modified. I'd rather be able to
document a reliance on an authoritative version.

--Greg