Re: importing audio cassettes

Hi Aryan

> When I used RedHat 7.3, there was a command line utility there for
> recording audio called "record" It was a good way for me to import my audio
> cassettes and mp3 or ogg them. But in Debian I can't find this utility,
> even in debain's archive. Is anyone aware of a deb package for this
> utility? or any possible other way to import my audio cassettes?

Selections from the output of "apt-cache search record audio":

ecasound - Multitrack-capable audio recorder and effect processor
gramofile - Transfer sound from gramophone records to CD
rawrec - Buffered raw audio recorder/player
sound-recorder - Direct-to-disk recording and play-back programs.

I have used gramofile for the same thing, it is thought to record Vinyl disks
to wav.

hth

joerg