RE: fstab/mount filesystem nomenclature

New development: (in some quarters, called Progress)

I chatted on the phone today with WD. Apparently the ~120GB limitation
is a consequence of my using native Windows drivers which do not have
48-bit addressing capability and thus cannot address beyond the 120GB
limit (I trust you guys on the arithmetic)

Apparently when I installed drive 1 (/hde) using the WD utility
provided, that installed the 48-bit addressing driver and associated
/hde with it. Since I partitioned /hdf entirely with the native Windows
partition software, that drive did not have 48 bit addressing support

So, from Windows XP, I upgraded the driver, and lo and behold I was now
able to see the full 160GB in /hdf, and formatted a third partition
under fat32

Now when I look at both drives from linux using cfdisk, I CAN'T SEE
EITHER DRIVE!!!

Conclusion: cfdisk (and I presume debian in general) does not provide 48
bit support and reaches erroneous conclusions ("Bad primary partition x:
Partition begins after end-of-disk", where x=1 for /hde and x=2 for
/hdf)

I have cfdisk version 2.11n installed. The package version available at
the debian site is 2.11n-5+1. I'm not familiar with which drivers
provide disk I/O

--
David