/cdrom directory

Debian users,

I'm having some difficulty regarding accessing an audio cdrom through /cdrom directory. I was hoping that someone could help me with this problem. Currently, I can access the audio cd through /dev/cdrom. Here are some info about the files.

bash$ ls -l /cdrom
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Feb 11 16:46 cdrom

bash$ ls -l /dev/cdrom
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     cdrom           3 Feb 11 16:46 /dev/cdrom -> hdc

bash$ ls -l /dev/hdc
rw-rw----     1 root     cdrom     22,   0 Mar 14  2002 /dev/hdc

bash$ id
uid=1000(brock) gid=1000(brock) groups=1000(brock),24(cdrom),29(audio)

Here's my /etc/fstab
#
/dev/hda4       /               ext3    errors=remount-ro       0       1
/dev/hda3       none            swap    sw                      0       0
proc            /proc           proc    defaults                0       0
/dev/fd0        /floppy         auto    user,noauto             0       0
/dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660 ro,user,noauto          0       0

Data cds mount to /cdrom withouth any problem. Of course I'm not trying to mount audio cds but I was able to go to /cdrom using xmms and play the appropriate files.

bp