configure devices

Hi there..

I have installed debian woody  on my PC recently. I was using RHL7.1 till now. All my devices (graphics card, sound card etc) were autoconfigured in RHL is there any way to do the same in debian. I tried for the last few days googling and also searching debian list archives for previous mail.

I know the problem will be ok if i reinstall rhl7.1 get the config files and then use them.. is there any other way since now i
have blown my previous rhl partition.

If there are some good urls then do suggest them please...

I specifically want to detect graphics card, sound card and mouse, mine is a Dell Optiplex Gx150 PC.

tried "lspci" but didn't give much info.

I do hope this is the right place to ask my question

regards
grover