Problems with Quake ]I[ Arena

Hi All,

I have recently installed Q3A on my debian Woody box. I can start the game
in KDE from K menu, but no sound.

I read solutions to this and I tried running under twm and it works.
However, I noticed that when I start Q3A from twm window manager, I can
play the first level, and then when it changes levels it freezes. I tried
running X in 16bpp (my default is 24 bpp). I use nvidia Geforce 440MX
graphics card(64MB).

Are there any packages related to Q3A that I should perhaps update. Or are
there any options that I should put in. The thing just freezes when
changing levels, and when I start the next level the next time game is
started, it freezes again. What am I doing wrong?

TIA

Davor