CD writing with cdrecord and xcdroast

  Hi All,

  I've found that copying data CD's (such as the Debian Woody set) to a
  blank disc with xcdroast gives me errors when I try and read some of
  the packages. (Only a few of the packages, the majority is fine.) This
  is burning at speeds of 2x to 4x, on a 16x burner.
  However if I use cdrecord directly on the command line, I don't get
  any errors. I can even burn at the full speed of the cd writer and I
  don't get any errors.

  Does anyone know why?

  Geoff

  (Please CC me, I'm not currently subscribed)