Woody installer

Hi all,
I am thinking of installing Debian. I do not, however, want to spend too
much time doing that. I have installed FreeBSD 4.3 before, so I'd like to
know if Debian (Woody) installation is as easy/difficult as FreeBSD.

Second, are most of the application packages (.DEB) contained within the
7-CD set? Or do I have to connect to the internet to have them installed.
(like FreeBSD's ports. In case of FreeBSD Only some apps are available as
packages, the others have to built from ports).

Thanks in advance...
keshav