RE: Fetchmailrc--parse error

Drew Cohan wrote:

>>>poll pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.net proto POP3
>>>     user "kk5st@sbcglobal.net", with password "secret"
>>>     is "gt" here
>>
>>I'm no fetchmail expert, but what happens if you remove the comma and make
>>the user line all one line, like:

Then Gary Turner replied:

>No joy.  The comma was in an example in the manual.  But at your
>suggestion, I did remove it.  Still had the same error.  I didn't post
>them, but I did have some honest syntax errors earlier, which I fixed.
>Now this, which is at EOF.

And now Drew:

OK, this is my exact fetchmailrc (minus the real acct info, etc, of course):

set postmaster "drew"
set bouncemail
set no spambounce
set properties ""
set daemon 120
poll mail.mymailserver.com with proto POP3
	user 'drew' there with password 'youwish' is 'drew' here

Notice the single quotes, not the double quotes you used (and I mistakenly
thought were correct from memory).  I'm also using fetchmail in daemon mode,
which I can't remember if you are too so remove that line if you aren't.

I'd also suggest creating a brand new file with vim or your editor of choice
and retyping the config file just to make sure there aren't any hidden chars
anywhere.

HTH,

Drew Cohan
drew at drewcohan dot com