debmirror ?

I use debmirror to maintain a i386 local mirror. This has worked fine
using  hosts (-h) like 'archive.progeny.com'. I recently discovered
'netselect' and located a mirror I would like to try,
'ftp-mirror.internap.com'. Unfortunately the debmirror script fails:

clos:/home/pabi# debmirror -a i386 -h ftp-mirror.internap.com -d woody -d
testing -d unstable /mnt/pub/mirror/debian -p --getcontents

This is the error meaasage:
"cwd to /debian failed at /usr/bin/debmirror line 337.
releasing 1 pending lock... at /usr/lib/perl5/LockFile/Simple.pm line
182."

This is line 337:
$ftp->cwd($remoteroot) or die "cwd to $remoteroot failed";

The directory structure is a little different on the internap.com server,
they use  ~/pub/debian, other mirrors  I have tried have ~/debian. I
don't know if this is relevant though.

TIA
--
Greg Madden