Re: CD Burner and ide-scsi emulation

    "Rob" == Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> writes:

    Rob> On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 10:34:46AM -0600, Shyamal Prasad
    Rob> wrote:

    >> This really should go in the user manual or something.....

    Rob> I'm fairly sure this is documented in both Osamu's Debian
    Rob> Quick Reference, and Will's NewbieDoc.  Either people are
    Rob> unaware of them or refuse to read them...

As far as I can tell it is not documented in Osamu's Debian Quick
Reference Guide (at least not the one at
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/quick-reference/quick-reference.en.html
which is all I know about).

I had never heard of Will's Newbie doc, but google finally led me to

http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/tutorials/cdrw/index-debian-cdrw.html

which is exactly what people want for the most part, but it does not
discuss the /etc/modutils/ approach that IMHO works extremely well
with the modular 2.4.x kernels.

When I get some time (after my travel this month on work) I will make
an attempt to write a chapter and submit it somewhere
appropriate.....

Cheers!
Shyamal