Moving /usr to a reiserfs partition

I Installed woody and all its filesystem on one reiserfs partition /dev/hdb1. Now, because my beloved debian has grown over time, I'd like to move the entire 1.6 GB /usr directory to a reiserfs /dev/hdb6 partition.
I had a go at it mounting a /usr-bis directory to /dev/hdb6 and issuing a "cp -A /usr /usr-bis", modifying fstab, and renaming the old /usr to /usr.backup and the /usr-bis to /usr.
When I restarted it all, debian (or reiserfs ?)complained many times on something wrong with the files, the dependencies, and so on.

What steps should I take to fix it, to move to the new /dev/hdb6 partition?

Ciao
Vittorio

Invia un sms gratis!
http://freesms.supereva.it/index.php