Kernel 2.4 broken on K7

First for those of you who originally replied to my first message
thanks for the help.

I am now running a custom 2.4.20 kernel from kernel.org source
with the latest ACPI patch from sourceforge, and the presario sound
patch for the trident driver.. my ACPI, USB, Sound, Ext3 support
and everything I was working on is now working!

However I now things that had been working in 2.2.20 are broken!
My touchpad no longer works, and I get messages that /dev/psaux
doesnt exist, and I cant mount cds says something about hdc: Driver
not installed.. or something to that effect.

I went back in and added bus mouse support and everything else I could
think of, that didnt work, and thats about when I discovered the hdc issue
so I went back in again, and changed the PS2 Auxiliary and ISO9660
support over to <M> rather than  <*> and recompiled, and the touchpad
still ceases to function.

Its great to have ACPI working now and being able to load USB/Sound with
no problems of the IDE controller going offline but having a broke cdrw and
touchpad kinda bites..  :-/