Re: Swap capslock-control in console?

* Hans Wilmer (lee@yun.yagibdah.de) [030204 08:15]:
> On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 04:36:48PM -0500, Daniel Barclay wrote:
>
> > Johan Kullstam wrote:
> > >
> > > I have swap-caps-ctrl in X, why shouldn't I want it in console too?
> >
> > But alas, so many computer users are going through life not knowing
> > the convenience of having the control key in its easily reachable
> > original location.
>
> hmm
>
> You're right, I just switched these keys, and it seems to be very
> convenient :) It'll just take some time to get used to it. --- Well,
> Caps_Lock is the most seldomly used key ... On my keyboard, it needs
> even considerably more force to press that key down as it does with
> others :)

Well, it might help you to get used to it to obliterate the caps lock
functionality altogether.  On my keyboards, I like the key next to the
'a' to be a control key, and I also leave the key at the bottom left a
control key as well.  I've never missed caps lock.  If I ever needed to
shout a whole line of text, I'd just use vi's ~ or a pipe to tr or some
such.  Honestly, it's never come up, and my shift keys work just fine =)

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/