Re: is wine worth the bytes ?

Joris Huizer wrote:

Hello everybody,

I had a quick look around on the net on some keywords:

discussion wine - gives alot of info about the taste
of wine or whatever
discussion wine emulator - some info - but very
general or probably outdated (like
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2002-Jun/0223.html)

I have this question: I think I might install wine (to
play some MS only games and stuff). However, a friend
told me it probably has too little support as it's
still experimental

What are you're thoughts on this ?
Sorry is this is really off topic
Thanks in advance,

Joris Huizer

It's been my experience that you just don't know if your Windows app will work on WINE until you try it; some do; some don't; some sortta do.

If you've got the horsepower and can afford the expense for a license, VMWare is sweet.