Re: Kernel 2.4 problems on K7

Hello Scott,

I have one of the first K7 with also an ALI chipset.  The messages at
startup that you get are the same I got when tried to enable DMA.

I suggest you disable the activation of the DMA settings at startup and
try to find your best configuration later with hdparm and activate it
with the other daemons using hwtools.

No matter what I did (you can find messages on this list) I couldn't
activate more than multiword dma and my HD certainly supports high DMA
configurations.

Hope this heps.

Chainy.