Re: fstab entry for NTFS formatted drive

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 03:24:59PM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> OTOH read-only seems very stable.  My "solution" when I must have a
> box dual booting linux and something that prefers NTFS (win2k, NT 4,
> XP) is to create two partitions for windows; the "root" I format with
> NTFS and the other with FAT.  This partition is a "data store" and can
> be safely mounted rw in linux.

This may be slightly OT (a little more windows than linux), but it's closer
to the mark than the columbia thread ;)

I recently changed from fat to NTFS on my box and happened across this
nice little file system driver for win2k/NT/XP that allows you to
mount ext2/3 file systems natively under windows.  It is also read
only, but at least this way you can transfer files either way.
Admittedly you have to boot into the OS that is going to be
"receiving" files, but it's better than nothing, and I only need 1
copy of all my mp3's :)

http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/ext2ifs.htm

(Link verified this time)

Steve

--
Steve Wollkind        				810 C San Pedro
steve@njord.org					College Station, TX 77845