Re: Reasons for removing packages from Debian

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 09:21:28PM +0000, Carlos Sousa wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 02:04:18 +0000 Colin Watson wrote:
> > Try <http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals.txt>. Most of my answers
> > above came from there.
>
> Thanks, that was the answer I expected. I didn't want you to waste your
> time looking for each individual reason yourself. Thanks, once again.
>
> I have the impression there is no place where such removals can be
> consistently logged, perhaps defined by policy. That's a pity.

That is the place where they're consistently logged: the tools the
ftpmasters use to remove packages automatically log there, I believe.

The only exceptions are packages from before that log was introduced (of
course), and non-US packages (which are logged in
http://non-us.debian.org/~troup/removals.txt, but much of that was lost
in the University of Twente fire that destroyed satie.debian.org).

Cheers,