Re: squirrelmail, uw-imapd (and ssl)

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 07:39:32AM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 09:47:22 -0500
> John M Flinchbaugh <glynis@butterfly.hjsoft.com> wrote:
> > i need:
> > a) to get squirrelmail to do ssl
> > b) get uw-imapd to not require ssl
> > c) find an imap implementation that actually works with
squirrelmail.

> > any recommendations?
>
>     Erm, hate to say it but uw-imapd is the only one I have found
that does
> work with Squirrelmail.  Courier certainly didn't.  Here's what I've
got
> installed at present which is working like a champ.
>
> ii  uw-imapd       2002b.debian-5 remote mail folder access server
> ii  squirrelmail   1.3.2+1.4.0rc1 Webmail for nuts

i have the same, but i get this banner when i telnet to it:
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 X-NETSCAPE LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS
LOGINDISABLED] localhost IMAP4rev1 2002.336 at Wed, 5 Feb 2003
14:10:31 -0500 (EST)

that LOGINDISABLED seems to mean that normal non-tls auths are
disabled.  i have it listening to imap2 and imaps:
butterfly:~# grep imap /etc/inetd.conf
imap2   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/imapd
imaps   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/imapd

i've reinstalled it, and now it doesn't work for anything, not even
ssl to mozilla. *sigh*  this whole package doesn't seem to have enough
switches to even allow me to break it this badly.
--
| glynis@hjsoft.com         http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |