Re: Problems downloading Knoppix

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:39, Levi Waldron wrote:
> On February 4, 2003 08:13 am, bob parker wrote:
> > Well I just completed downloading Knoppix using my steam powered dial up
> > connection.
> >
> > I started on 27 January.
>
> That's such a sad story, if you have a hard time fixing the download let me
> know and I'll mail a KNOPPIX cd to you.  -Levi

Thanks for your offer Levi. I have a local Linux supplier but this time I
thought I would experiment with downloading.  I had been inpired to do this
on some thread where I was discussing the virtues of Jigdo.

I believe rightly or wrongly that rsync has the capability of sorting out
which parts of a file are corrupt and then downloading only the necessary
corrections.

That is what I hope to try next.

Won't be able to try anything for the next 3 weeks though because I am off
into the bush for that time.

Regards

Bob