Re: Printing Problem

hi ya roberto

on your print server...

d/l and install  magicfilter to make life 10x easier

vi /etc/printcap
	#
	# http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/Downloads/LPR/printcap
	#
	lp|Epson800:\
        :lp=/dev/lp0:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd:\
        :pw:132:\
        :fq:\
        :sh:mx#0:\
        :if=/usr/local/sbin/printers/stc800:\
        :lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp-log:

	--
	-- you might wanna look for say stc400 instead
	-- in that magicfilter directory

restart lpd ...

lpr /etc/printcap

-----------------

for your other PCs... those would look at your printserver as
a network printer

for your other linux boxes ... printing to the linux box w/
the epson physcially connected to it

vi /etc/printcap
	#
	# ip# of the print server
	#
	lp|Epson800:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :rm=w.x.y.z:

resstart lpd ...

post any error messages

and to make things fun...
	- print an asci file first
	- print a very very small postscript file
	- print the tiger
	- print from netscape
	- print pages side-by-side

c ya