Re: what is /dev/??? for the parellel port ? escputil

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 8:47 pm, you wrote:
> Thus spake Dave Selby (dave_arahan@yahoo.co.uk):
> > Hi, Ive started using escputil to check and clean my print heads, it
> > works great but I also need to check the ink level, apparently I need to
> > access the printer directly by defining the rew device, ie,
> >
> > escputil --ink-level --raw-device /dev/???
> >
> > My printer is an epson stylus C60, using the parellel port.
> > As a guess I tried par0
>
> The linux equivalent of LPT0 is /dev/lp0

Many thanks, looked real promising with great hope I re-tryed it but lp0
gives ...

test@debian:~$ su
Password:
debian:/home/test# escputil -r /dev/lp0 -i
Escputil version 4.2.0, Copyright (C) 2000-2001 Robert Krawitz
Escputil comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type 'escputil -l'
under certain conditions; type 'escputil -l' for details.

Cannot read from /dev/lp0: Invalid argument
debian:/home/test#

So looks like I have another problem apart from using the wrong /dev/ !!!!
Dave