Re: What's the "debian" way to bind multiple IP addresses to a single NIC???`

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 13:59, Jeff Hahn wrote:
> I've scanned the fine manual and googled, but I'm unable to determine the
> "official" way to bind multiple IP addresses to a single NIC.
> I realize I can just ifconfig the interface, but I guess I'm looking for the
> documentation/format of the interfaces file in /etc/networks.

Just define a new interface in /etc/network interfaces:

auto tr0
iface tr0 inet dhcp

iface tr0:1 inet static
        address 192.168.0.1
        netmask 255.255.255.0

Then 'ifup tr0:1' et-voila...

Just replace tr0 by whatever interface you may use... I'm on token ring
here at work... :(

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT