Re: *.wma

> .wma stands for "Windows Media Audio" which is a proprietary format
> developed by Microsoft and, hence, cannot be played or decoded on
> Linux. At least I think they can't be played, uless maybe realplayer has
> this capability (which I don't think it does).

I encountered some .wma's just a few days ago and MPlayer was able to play
them. However, if one wants to play them using xmms, something like
``mplayer -ao pcm foo.wma -aofile - | oggenc >foo.ogg'' should work, if
there is no better solution.

Johannes

--
"More than machinery we need humanity" -- Charlie Chaplin, The Great
Dictator