Re: Help with Coldfusion Server

Chris Hoover wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to get Coldfusion server version 5 to install on my debian system (unstable). However, the install is abending with the following error:

/opt/coldfusion/bin/cfexec: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR: Unable to initialize the Cold Fusion settings.
ERROR: Aborting installation.

Can anyone help me get around this? I really need to get this running on my laptop so I can get some development work done for my job (and I really don't want to have to reinstall with RedHat).

Thanks

Looks like it is missing the libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 library & finking out on you.

I just did a search on Debian packages for this file and found it in the oldlibs section in the libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1 package. Apparently this is an old egcs library. Anyhow, if you install the libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1 package you should be all set.

I had to do this recently when installing the Linux version of AIM.... probably compiled for Red Hat and adopted for Debian...

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-