Re: ACPI & USB not working simultaneously

Hi!

> >Did anyone have any problems with ACPI and USB working simultaneously?
> >I am using 2.4.18-bf24 kernel under Woody 3.0r1. If ACPI is turned off,
> >USB works fine, but as soon as I turn ACPI on and APM off, USB stops
> >working (takeover failed message in /var/log/messages). I changed
> >nothing else in the kernel.

> I don't really have a direct answer to your problem. However, it's worth
>
> to try to compile a custom kernel with the newest acpi patch for that
> kernel.
> You can download it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi/

Tried that already... :( I patched 2.4.21-pre3 kernel and tried with the
newest 2.4.21-pre4. The weirdest thing is that ACPI works without issues,
only that it blocks USB from working properly (mouse, ramdisk,
everything).
I tried to change BIOS settings as well (automatic IRQ mapping) because
takeover fails and this is supposedly BIOS problem. Unfortunatelly, this
didn't help either. I am considering on upgrading BIOS firmware if I can
find one, but I still don't believe it's BIOS who gives me headache, I
still think it's ACPI driver.

Does anyone else experience inability to restart/shutdown linux automati-
cally if ACPI isn't compiled into the kernel? It just hangs immediately
after "Restarting System". :( This is very frustrating for laptops, which
get turned on/off frequently.

Thanks very much for your answer and your effort, Yuhanes! :)

Andrej