lm_sensors

I am re-posting this because I was made aware I sent it as a reply to
another post.  Sorry about that, so without further adue here is my
intended post now...

I am having a great deal of trouble getting lm_sensors to work under
debian.  I am pretty sure that I am about 75% on the way to getting this
started but none the less, if someone could give me a bit of a
walk-through to getting things running I would appreciate it.  My
intention is mostly to monitor my hardware temp's etc, being that I am
using a water cooled system, and I am a bit uneasy about not knowing the
performance of my system, especially one that is overclocked.  If it
matters I am using sid, a soyo motherboard with a via chipset, and
kernel 2.4.20 ( I have built in everything in the i2c portion of
charcter devices )