Re: Disk Corruption (was: Disk formatting)

"I would first try booting from the emergency boot floppy.  See if you can
access any of the partitions.  If you can, then you still have a partition
table there.  In that case, I would try running fsck on the / partition -
when it is NOT mounted."

Forget this!  I was thinking of booting with a rescue disk.  If your boot
floppy gets the system booted, then I would think that / is fine.

Maybe the output from df and 'fdisk -l' would give some ideas here.  I was
thinking running lilo would help, but I see that it has not.

I'm thinking that maybe you should try deleting /dev/hdb5 and reboot to see
what happens there.  If it doesn't reboot, go on with the floppy and try lilo
again.  Getting rid of hdb5 would sort of put it back to where it was before
you did this.

Anita