Re: ESP disapear throught my debian GW

Esteban wrote:

> In the other side, when an ESP packet comes from VPN2 with destination
> my Linux GW, I try to DNAT it to my VPN1. But same thing, I can see it
> with tcpdump on my external interface, but I still can't see it in the
> first NAT PREROUTING chain. ...
>
> My Linux GW is a debian with 2.4.19-grsec kernel.

I've only worked with configurations like yours under the 2.2 kernel.  On that
kernel life is a lot easier if you apply the ip_masq_ipsec patches.
netfilter in 2.4 seems to include ipsec masquerading modules by default so
you probably won't need to patch.  On my system here are the two relevant
modules:

  /lib/modules/2.4.20-k7/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_ah.o
  /lib/modules/2.4.20-k7/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_esp.o

Perhaps try loading these two modules to see if improves the situation.

Fraser