Re: installation problem

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 08:28:21AM -0500, AlbrtNew@aol.com wrote:
> Hi !
>
>       I am in the process [6th attempt] of trying to install/configure Debian
> 3.0 - this particular attempt is via LXF Cover disk but even with my previous
> attempts; using both DVD and CD-ROM media the outcome has been the same:
>  Having been informed, [with appropriate 'congratulations'] of the
> 'successful' installation of  the necessary s/ware for a minimal [I am
> nervous of being too adventurous; having regard to my immaturity in the
> context of the exercise]; I am then involved in the 'configuration' process
> apropos what has already been installed - that is, until I reach the stage of
> ' locale ' selection and acceptance, whereupon the whole process ' hangs '
> and I am unable to take any further part in the - incomplete - operation;
> other than to Scroll the ' locale ' list and to indicate [using the spacebar]
> - Selection. As far as - acceptance [indicating 'OK'] is concerned; it is
> just 'not On'.

Stupid question: did you hit the <tab> key to highlight the [ok]
button after you selected your locales?  Reading what you've written,
it's not clear to me what exactly the problem with locales is.

  Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small
  minds discuss people.
          -- Laurence J. Peter