installation problem

Hi !

      I am in the process [6th attempt] of trying to install/configure Debian
3.0 - this particular attempt is via LXF Cover disk but even with my previous
attempts; using both DVD and CD-ROM media the outcome has been the same:
 Having been informed, [with appropriate 'congratulations'] of the
'successful' installation of  the necessary s/ware for a minimal [I am
nervous of being too adventurous; having regard to my immaturity in the
context of the exercise]; I am then involved in the 'configuration' process
apropos what has already been installed - that is, until I reach the stage of
' locale ' selection and acceptance, whereupon the whole process ' hangs '
and I am unable to take any further part in the - incomplete - operation;
other than to Scroll the ' locale ' list and to indicate [using the spacebar]
- Selection. As far as - acceptance [indicating 'OK'] is concerned; it is
just 'not On'.

      As far as I am aware, I have done nothing, other than obey the
successive instructions and equally, as far as I am aware, all other
requirements - I am using a P II/400 processor, 10GBytes Partition [W98 on
Partition I], 192MBytes RAM and a 250MByte Swap file.  All the Partitioning
was carried out using ' Partition Magic 5.0 '.

I would greatly appreciate [in the context of my being an Octagenarian
Novice/Enthusiast] any help/advice profferred,

regards

ajn albert