Re: Recursively export NFS file systems

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 05:28:55PM +0100, Aaron Isotton wrote:
> and then mount all of them by hand on osiris, but I'd like osiris not
> to know about the file systems of the other machines.  What I want is
> to specify all the file systems which should be mounted by osiris in
> the individual /etc/exports, WITHOUT osiris knowing anything about
> that.
>
> Can that be done?  How?

not too sure, but i would guess there isn't an "easy way" of doing it.
my first suggestion would be to write a sed/awk script that writes
what you'd have to manually add to /etc/fstab and /etc/exports
on the respective machines, then all you have to do is a little
cat'ing.

also, something that might work to do this would be to export the
root fs as smbfs.  i'm not sure if this will work as your / fs, but
i don't think it pays attention to partitions at all.  then again,
it's a crappy, shady implementation to have for your root fs, so
maybe i wouldn't... :)

hth
	sean