Re: list delay

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 01:18:30AM -0500, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> Which is why many Canadian stores dealing with American currency advise
> customers that they would be usually further ahead to use debit or
> credit cards and hopefully take advantage of the card issuer's bulk
> currency exchange rates. The Canadian electronic payment system
> apparently interconnects with most of the major American ones.

And my Washington Mutual debit card with the Visa logo got some
mileage there.  Oddly, it didn't work as a Visa, but did as a debit
anywhere Interac was accepted, even though the card did not have an
Interac logo on it...I tried it out of an act of despiration the first
time, and shocked every cashier after that with finding this
undocumented feature.

> How much farther can we extend these tangents? ;)

> I remember when "boot-up" and "logon" were how you warmed your feet in
> front of a fireplace.

I prefer one of my buddy's quotes (which totally pisses off a lot of
our mutual American friends who have the stereotypical American
worldview), "If you're not Canadian, you're not trying hard enough."

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user