Re: Root partition stuck in read-only mode.

Quoting Carel Fellinger <carel.fellinger@chello.nl>:

> On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 11:17:12PM -0500, Lloyd Zusman wrote:
>
> [ ... ]
>
> > I have some more info about my problem that might be useful.
> >   Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 08:02
> > Would this indicate a hardware problem?  Or is there still hope
> that
> > this can be fixed with software?
>
> ...more likely your kernel doesn't know about SCSI disks, so
> software.

I've been booting up and running off of SCSI disks day
in and day out for weeks on gthe same kernel, when I boot
off the disk itself and not a boot floppy.  This read-only
problem only started a couple days ago, and I haven't changed
my kernel in 3 weeks or so.

So how could my kernel forget about SCSI disks when I
create a boot floppy?  I did it via mkboot and also via the
"yard" suite.  Same results each time.

Is there something special I have to do to tell my kernel
that there are SCSI disks at the time I make the boot floppy?

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com