Re: Samba + LDAP

Curtis Vaughan said:
> Excuse my ignorance, but what does building samba-tng from source
> involve.

I made a website so I wouldn't have to answer such questions :)

http://howto.aphroland.de/HOWTO/LDAP/SambaTNGwithOpenLDAPGettingSambaTNG
http://howto.aphroland.de/HOWTO/LDAP/SambaTNGwithOpenLDAPCompilingSambaTNG

or, toplevel -
http://howto.aphroland.de/HOWTO/LDAP/SambaTNGwithOpenLDAP

I would reccomend getting a working OpenLDAP installation and system
authentication(PAM) working before even thinking about setting up
Samba w/LDAP

http://howto.aphroland.de/HOWTO/LDAP

if your lucky, you can get a fully functional system in a few hours
depending on your level of experience. I made the process as
step-by-step as I could.

also every page(except the front page) provides an area for users to
comment, so if theres something you want to add to the guide its real
easy to do.

nate