Re: LaTex editor

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 01:28:22AM -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:

   > lyx:
   >   Installed: (none)
   >   Candidate: 1.2.2-1
   >   Version Table:
   >      1.2.2-1 0
   >          50 http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages
   >
   > If you need to install it into stable, I think you need to recompile it
   > and its libraries (libforms1) at least.

Quote from Adrian Bunk's message:

<quote>
  I have prepared some packages that update some packages that are not or
  only in an older version in Debian 3.0r1. Please read [1] for more
  information (and read the FAQ before sending mails to me).

  I try my best to avoid problems with both installing these packages on
  Debian 3.0 and upgrading with these packages installed to Debian 3.1.

  spamc contains a fix for an exploit that might allow an attacker to
  execute arbitrary code by sending a specially crafted email. It's
  highly recommended that everyone using spamc >= 2.40 updates this
  package immediately.

  Highlights

       * gcc 3.2.1
       * GNU Ghostscript 7.05
       * Kernel 2.4.20
       * Lyx 1.2.3
       * Mozilla 1.2.1
       * OpenOffice.org 1.0.2
       * SANE 1.0.9
       * SpamAssassin 2.43
       * Webmin 1.050
       * Wine 20030115
       * XFree86 4.2.1

</quote>

So, you can have the latest lyx even for woody. Grab it from from

    http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/packages

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

Yield to Temptation ... it may not pass your way again.
		-- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"