Re: Jpilot sync problems

On Saturday 01 February 2003 18:10, Elijah wrote:
> After upgrading pilot-link and jpilot I've been getting these errors:

>  Syncing on device /dev/pilot
>  Press the HotSync button now
> pi_bind Inappropriate ioctl for device
> Check your serial port and settings
> exiting with status -10

I got rid of exactly that error by
 - setting the serial port explicitly (e.g /dev/ttyS0)
 - setting the "Serial Rate" to 9600.

This way it's slow but it works. Also check for console output (run it from an
xterm for once) and see if you have all necessary permissions for the serial
port (adding your user to the 'dialout' group should do that trick).

--
Got Backup?