Re: Quicky about acroread...

--- ZephyrQ <ZephyrQ@att.net> wrote:
> 	I haven't found a .deb for acroread, Acrobat's linux version of
> their
> .pdf reader.  Does one exist?
> 	I've dled the tarball, but can I install it without screwing
> something
> in my woody system? (aka, apt?)

I believe that gv (a postscript/pdf viewer) can bypass adobe
passwords...I used it once to print a "protected" pdf file.

Anyway, you should be able to install the tarball...I do not believe a
deb is available. Non deb packages are generally installed in
/usr/local, and I think that is the default, anyway.

The only annoying thing in my case is that the "license" text continue
to pop up every time I invoke it (once per session)...I suppose once
can probably turn this off by looking at the appropriate configuration
file. I haven't done it.

Check out http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/softinstall.html

Good luck. V.