Re: Why is my parallel port busy?

Steve Juranich said:
> Yesterday, during a print job, all of a sudden my printer just stopped.  I
> restarted cupsysd, cleaned out the print queue, power-cycled the  printer,
> and that's about all I know to do.
>
> When I go to the web-based printer cupsys admin thing, I see this  message
> for my printer:

the default setup I think doesn't enable an IRQ for the parallel port
which can cause problems on some systems, for 2.2.x kernels theres an
entry in /proc/parport/0/irq which you can set the irq, e.g.
echo 7 >/proc/parport/0/irq (7 is often used for that port).

for 2.4.x kernels last I checked it's a module option, something like
modprobe lp irq=7 (not sure if thats the right driver name), and am
not sure if you can set this from the kernel command line.

that's solved my parallel port problems.

nate