Why is my parallel port busy?

Yesterday, during a print job, all of a sudden my printer just stopped.
I restarted cupsysd, cleaned out the print queue, power-cycled the
printer, and that's about all I know to do.

When I go to the web-based printer cupsys admin thing, I see this
message for my printer:

"Parallel port busy; will retry in 30 seconds..."

This is the only device hooked up to the parallel port, so I'm not sure
what would make the parallel port busy.  What is going on and how do I
fix it?

Many thanks.

Stephen W. Juranich                         sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering         http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic