Re: list delay

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 11:15:29AM +1100, Michael Wardle wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've only recently subscribed to debian-user, and I notice that I
> receive messages sent to the list 4 or 5 hours after they have been
> sent.  Among other things, this typically results in several identical
> already responded.  I do not notice this on any other mailing lists.

It's more a case of several responses with an identical point in
common, but each providing different context and one saying "don't do
this if you have an Arfle hard drive or it'll nuke your filesystem".
Which is useful, really...

> Is this a known problem, and is there anything that can be done to
> improve the speed of the Debian mailing lists?

It'll still be a problem even if the delivery was instant, because of
people who receive the list as a digest, and therefore don't see
anything until 30k or so of new stuff has arrived.

Pigeon